1) What did you do today?
- Briefly describe your day’s activities
2) What did you learn today?
- Discuss any learning points from today’s activities
3) How do you feel about today’s activities?
- Describe how the project has affected your understanding of the discipline and how it may be applied elsewhere
- Share your insights for the day
1) Today, all of our 6 mini groups were split into 2 bigger groups to do our experiment on distillation. At the start when we looked at the project manual, we were all confused and puzzled on what to do. However, after the instructors told us what to do, we managed to do the experiment step by step. Despite all the failures we had at the start, we eventually managed to collect the results we wanted and completed the experiment.
2) I learnt about many things today that I did not know before. For example, I learnt how to conduct the experiment by following the procedures carefully. We learnt about the different types of apparatus and we did the experiment (Distillation under Total Reflux Conditions). We first learnt the functions of each apparatus, for example the boiler, column, manometer etc.
3) The project has affected my understanding of the discipline as I learnt that by doing the project we have to be self discipline as we need to learn how to do the experiment by ourselves, following the manual. This can be applied anywhere because we need to have self discipline everywhere, wherever we go. We must also learn how to respect the equipment and handle them with care. This can be applied in our daily lives as we have to respect one another.